Meeting Cody Simpson & Big Ticket Summer Concert Review!

Last Saturday I attended Family Channel's "Big Ticket Summer Concert" at the Molson Canadian Ampitheatre in Toronto. When I arrived at the venue I was greeted by some of my favourite people and we got to catch up for a little bit which is always nice.




After our little reunion we headed to Cody's meet & greet, which was so unexpected and I am so grateful to the people that made that possible! A million times thank you! 

We were the last people in line so we had plenty of time to try and shake the nerves and fix our hair. Cody was so friendly and genuinely happy to see everyone. It's always a pleasure to spend time with Cody, no matter how short it may be, it's always an experience I won't forget.


After the M&G we headed to our seats and watched the opening acts. The first performer was a band native to Toronto, Crystalyne. I'm not even going to lie I was still running around when they came on and I missed their set entirely but I heard they were great! Next up was Megan Nicole, a singer who got her start on Youtube. Megan was the only other performer I recognized. I used to watch her videos all the time back in the day so it was really cool to see her live. She sang some well known covers during her set and they were super fun to sing and dance along to. 

Next, was Sabrina Carpenter, who plays Maya on "Girl Meets World". I was so taken aback by her set, her voice is incredible and she has an amazing stage presence. I am definitely a fan. After Sabrina was the cast of Disney's new show "The Next Step". "The Next Step" is a show about dancers and that is about the extent of my knowledge about it. All I know is that those dancers are no joke and boy can they dance! It was very entertaining to watch, and i'm not gonna lie some of those dancers are really attractive. I was also amazed at the kind of following they have. I would say that the majority of the kids at the concert were there to see them.


After all the dancing was finished it was time for the headlining act, Cody Simpson. This performance was like nothing I have ever seen from him before, and I have seen him perform a plethora of times so that statement is not to be taken lightly. Cody even said at the beginning of his performance that he is taking a different turn with his music. He recently left his old record label and is looking forward to starting fresh. He is done with background dancers, flashy sets, and background tracks. Now it's just him and his band. He is making it solely about the music, which is how he wanted to do it all along. 

Cody and his band did not disappoint. I was truly blown away by his vocals and raw talent. He sang a variety of new and old songs but he put a different spin on them and they all sounded new and fresh. The whole vibe of his set was unlike any other performance I had seen. He got so into the music and you could see the passion pouring out of him. During a mash up of some covers he had the entire venue on their feet, even the parents were up dancing. Cody then ended the night with Drake's Take Care and everyone was left speechless. He killed it. I still can't find the words to describe the feeling I had during his set. He surprised many people that night. and after the show you could hear parents saying things like "wow he's the real deal", "that kid can sing", and "he's going to be the new Elvis".  

This is just the begging for Cody. I am so excited for this new chapter and I can't wait to hear his new music.

-Alisse


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Welcome to 'Life With Alisse'!

This is where I ramble on about products i'm loving, music i'm digging, DIY projects, pop culture and what's happening in my life. Take a look around and let me know what you think!