MTV Movie Awards!

So many iconic moments have taken place during MTV's awards shows. They are always filled with outrageous moments, interesting fashion, laughs, and many awkward moments. This years show was hosted by Conan O'Brien, who had nothing on Ellen at the Oscars, but he did have some entertaining moments. One thing that stood out to me this year was that they were really trying to get social media involved. They recapped some of the years hottest movies into these hilarious 6 second vines and I thought it was very clever. They also had the cat from the very popular internet meme 'Grumpy Cat' in attendance. One of my favourite jokes of the night was when Conan said to the audience "Why does Grumpy Cat have a better seat than Nick Lachey?". I did feel bad for the cat though. During the red carpet everyone was grabbing at it and taking pictures and I kept thinking it must have been so loud and overwhelming for the poor thing. No wonder it's so grumpy.



MTV also invited a bunch of my favourite Youtubers to interview and take pictures with celebs on the red carpet. It was great to see them be recognized and even better to see them all dressed up. Connor Franta was looking extra handsome on the carpet.


Speaking of people who looked great on the red carpet, lets talk fashion. Here are some of my hits and misses:

Jessica Alba looks perfect for spring in her lemon skirt. I think she looked very fresh and clean and her hair and makeup look amazing too. 


There are no words to describe how hot Dylan O'Brien looked last night. I love this laid back leather jacket and jeans look he was rocking. He will always be a favourite of mine.


Ellie Goulding looked stunning on the red carpet in all white. I am obsessed with her hair and her makeup looked amazing. She was very fresh faced and polished. I am a definitely a fan of hers. 


I love Lupita Nyong'o, I think she is so genuine and bubbly, but I personally was not a fan of her outfit. I know a lot of people really liked it but it was too busy for me. She looked so stunning at the oscars and I was really looking forward to seeing what she was going to wear in this more casual setting and I was left a little disappointed. 


I was also not a fan of Amanda Syfried's look at all. Her sparkly jacket and skirt just weren't doing anything for her .


My last miss is Shailene Woodley in her green skirt and crop top. I'm not a fan of the material and I really don't like the colour. I miss her long hair too :( 


My two highlights from the show were when Zac Efron won 'Best Shirtless Performance' and Rita Ora ripped his shirt off, and when Channing Tatum won the 'Trailblazer' Award. The first one really needs no explanation, I mean who wouldn't enjoy seeing Zac Efron shirtless? Am I right ladies?


No surprise here, but I am also a fan of Channing Tatum and was so happy when he won the 'Trailblazer' Award. He has been in action, comedy, romance, drama, and dance movies making him a pretty versatile actor. The speeches given by Mila Kunis and Jonah Hill were hilarious and Channing's acceptance speech was gracious and funny.


Overall this years MTV Movie Awards were okay. It wasn't the most eventful show and it didn't have any iconic moments that will go down in pop culture history, but it was still fairly entertaining to watch.
Until next time,
Alisse


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Welcome to 'Life With Alisse'!

This is where I ramble on about products i'm loving, music i'm digging, DIY projects, pop culture and what's happening in my life. Take a look around and let me know what you think!